Montgomery Bell Academy and SAGE Dining Services ® are pleased to present an exciting dining program!
The talented chefs from SAGE Dining Services ® have transformed lunchtime at Montgomery Bell Academy into a daily culinary adventure. Our students are treated to real food, cooked from scratch. SAGE`s seasonal menus are custom designed for us, reflecting the students` preferences as well as the fresh products available in the market. SAGE`s registered dietitians review and approve each menu to ensure that it offers a wide variety of nutritious choices.
Location and Hours
Wallace Dining Hall
Hours of Operation:
Breakfast...7:00 am - 7:45 am
Lunch...11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Big Red Snack Shack (Café and Coffee shop)
Located in Wallace Hall
Hours of Operation:
8:00 am - 10:00 am
2:15 pm - 3:40 pm
Tuesday - Friday
8:00 am - 10:10 am
2:15 pm - 3:30 pm
All hours are subject to change during the summer months, academic shutdowns, assemblies and school holidays. These changes will be posted in advance.
Catering and Special Events
Please confirm a room reservation with Nan Flynn prior to contacting the catering department. She may be reached at 615-298-5514 ext. 226 or by e-mail: email@example.com
Contact the Dining Service at 615-369-5322 at least seven days prior to your event. The Dining Service is available to take your orders Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 10:00am & 2:00pm to 4:00pm (excluding school holidays).
For a copy of our current Catering Guide, please contact Susan Squires, Director of Catering at: firstname.lastname@example.org
At SAGE, we believe in offering healthy options at every meal so that diners can choose delicious, nutritious meals. We don't take short cuts. We are dedicated to doing the little things right. As a result, SAGE is committed to:
• Presenting menus that change seasonally, to reflect the fresh product available in each local market.
• Offering a large variety of popular choices to please every appetite.
• Cooking in batches to minimize waste and maximize flavor.
• Buying food from local sources whenever possible.
• Using shell eggs that are cage-free and Certified Humane.
• Cooking and baking from scratch.
• Broiling, baking, grilling and stir-frying to avoid the high fat content of fried foods.
• Using only trans fat free oil.
• Making our soups from scratch with fresh ingredients. Our soups never contain MSG.
• Serving 3 kinds of fresh fruit per meal, according to season.
• Offering house-made salads and salad dressings, made from scratch daily.
• Serving a variety of locally baked breads.
• Offering milk that contains no rBST and no antibiotics.
• Providing a variety of beverages including milk, Spa Water (fruit-infused filtered water), lemonade, brewed teas and juices.
• Using fresh herbs to enhance flavor and garnish our displays.
• Serving tuna that is dolphin-safe, and packed in water.
• Supporting the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch guidelines, and striving to increase our purchases of sustainable seafood.