• FRIDAY LIBRARY HOURS: The library will be open 8-3 this Friday.
• Best Buddies Friendsgiving Luncheon
Join us for a Thanksgiving Potluck with our friends this Saturday, November 16, 11-1 in the dining hall. If you would like to come please sign up at this link and tell us what you will bring.
• In addition to speaking at Assembly on Monday, November 18, David Azerrad will be delivering a presentation titled "The Canadian Case for America" at 5:30 pm in the Pfeffer auditorium. This presentation is open to the public.
“I love America, I love the vitality of Americans, and I believe their spirit must be preserved,” says David Azerrad. When the Canadian-born Azerrad first came to the US in 2004 to pursue his Ph.D., he considered himself a conservative on foreign policy but liberal on everything else. But then he discovered American conservatism in its truest form and was completely won over.
David Azerrad is an accomplished political analyst, working as Director of the B. Kenneth Simon Center for Principles and Politics and the AWC Family Foundation Fellow at the Heritage Foundation. Azerrad’s areas of study include conservatism, progressivism, identity politics, libertarianism, and the American Founding. He and his work have been featured on The Claremont Review of Books, The Weekly Standard, National Affairs, The Times (of London), Real Clear Politics, The Federalist, The National Interest, and Interpretation: A Journal of Political Philosophy.
• There will be a Top of the Hill meeting on Tuesday, November 19 in Massey 21 during break to plan the upcoming issue. All are welcome!
• Auditions for the Junior School play, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, will be held in the theater on Monday, Nov. 18 from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. About 16 acting roles available with four roles intended for girls. A handful of technical roles are also available. No prior experience in acting or tech required. Rehearsals will begin the first week of December and will continue in January. Performances will be Jan. 23-25. Contact Mr. Berry with any questions.
• November 17 & 24: Play! Write! 2019
Writers, Actors & Audience Members needed for our inaugural improv-inspired playwriting competition. On November 17th, in the Paschall Theater, improvisation games and audience suggestions will serve as inspiration to participating playwrights, who are then charged with the task of composing a 10-minute play to be written over the following week. There's a pay-to-play policy for the improv show on the 17th and the script showcase has a $5 admission fee. All proceeds go to support ENDADA! On November 24th, these hastily-made works will be showcased at the Play! Write! Premiere!
Kickoff! Sunday 17 Nov @ 5 p.m.
Play! Write! Premiere! Sunday 24 Nov @ 5 p.m.
Friday Nov 15, 2019
► Football Playoffs
7a ► Junior School FCA (Massey Commons)
7:15a ► Faculty/Staff Meeting (Pfeffer)
7:30a ► Big Red Store open (Big Red Store)
6p ► Football - Varsity - Game Baylor School - Away (Baylor School)
7p ► Screening of The 41st Day-The Journey of Ryan Hall, Presented with Nashville Running Co. (DPS)
Saturday Nov 16, 2019
► Extracurricular - Debate - Game - Neutral (Carrollton HS (GA))