• GEOGRAPHY BEE – will now begin on Thursday! Each year the National Geographic Society sponsors the Geography Bee, beginning with school competitions and culminating in a national champion who receives a $50,000 scholarship. The 2018 MBA Geography Bee to determine our school's representative in the State Bee will begin Thursday during fourth period in Massey 29. All fourth through eighth grade students are eligible to participate.
• MBA is hosting it's annual blood drive in the small gym on Tuesday January 29th from 8:30am to 12:30pm. To schedule your appointment log onto redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code: MBA19. Students sixteen years of age will need to have a parent permission slip signed by their parents and students seventeen and above are good to go. Please contact Coach Cheevers for the forms and any further questions.
• Gentlemen, Scholars, Athletes, lend me your ears! The National Shakespeare Competition is swiftly approaching. Any interested high school students should memorize one of the Bard's many sonnets or up to 20 lines of a speech from any of his plays. MBA's portion of the competition will be in the black box theater at 7:15 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 30, and the winner will go on to represent MBA at the regional competition in March. See Mr. Berry for more information.
• There is a Math Circle Club meeting this Wednesday during break in L14(Dr. Hedmarks room).
• Friday, January 18th, the Varsity Basketball team will take on the JPII Knights at 7:30PM. This game will be a PINK OUT for Cancer Awareness. Please come out and support!
• Wednesday, January 16 @ 0940, a representative from the Army and the Navy will speak at the Army-Navy club meeting in DPS.
They will be speaking about the Academies and ROTC. All high school students are welcome to attend.
• Thursday break-registration meeting for Eighth grade in Massey Commons.
• TOTOMOI: Juniors and seniors are encouraged to complete a TOTOMOI application electronically. The application is due no later than Thursday, January 24th, at 3:30 p.m. Go to the MBA website > AT SCHOOL > STUDENT LIFE > TOTOMOI to find the online application. Even if you submitted an application last fall, you will need to complete and submit the form again, and you can now complete it incrementally. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Compton or Mr. Quinn.
Wednesday Jan 16, 2019
9:40a ► Army Navy Club Meeting (DPS)
9:40a ► Just Talking
9:40a ► Stock Market Club Meeting (Pfeffer)
9:40a ► Math Circle Club meeting in L14(Dr. Hedmarks room)
11a ► Admissions Brunch for Prospective Parents (Zimmerman)
12p ► Parent Connection Meeting (Pfeffer)
3:30p ► JS Study Hall (Massey Commons)
5p ► Wrestling - Varsity - Game Fairview High School - Home (Currey Gymnasium Small Gym)
5:30p ► Debate Parent Meeting (DPS)
8:15p ► Hockey - Varsity - Game Ravenwood High School - Away (Ford Ice Center)
Thursday Jan 17, 2019
9:40a ► ENDADA Bake Sale (Dining Hall Foyer)
9:40a ► Eighth Grade Registration Meeting (Massey Commons)
9:40a ► Service Club Meeting (Library Conf Room)
9:40a ► Student Council Meeting (Innovation Room)
3:30p ► JS Study Hall (Pfeffer)
3:30p ► Preston Taylor tutoring (Quad)
3:30p ► play rehearsals (Theater)
3:45p ► Swim Team Yoga (Massey Commons)
4p ► Basketball - JS A - Game Christ Presbyterian Academy - Home (Currey Gymnasium Small Gym)
4p ► Shooting Sports - Precision Air Rifle (Varsity) - Game - Home (Rifle Range)
4p ► Shooting Sports - Sporter Air Rifle (JV) - Game Tullahoma High School - Home (Rifle Range)
4:30p ► Basketball - JS C - Game Lipscomb Academy - Away (Lipscomb Academy)
5p ► Basketball - JS B - Game Christ Presbyterian Academy - Home (Currey Gymnasium Small Gym)
5:30p ► Mock Trial Practice (Debate Room)
6p ► Basketball dinner (Dining Hall)
7p ► FCA Meeting (Massey Commons)
Friday Jan 18, 2019
7:30a ► Big Red Store open (Big Red Store)
4:30p ► Basketball - 9th Grade - Game Pope John Paul II High School - Home (Currey Gymnasium Big Gym)
4:45p ► Varsity Tennis Yoga (Massey Commons)
6p ► Basketball - JV - Game Pope John Paul II High School - Home (Currey Gymnasium Big Gym)
7:30p ► Basketball - Varsity - Game Pope John Paul II High School - Home (Currey Gymnasium Big Gym)
7:30p ► Big Brother/Little Brother PACK THE HOUSE NIGHT (Gym)
Saturday Jan 19, 2019
► Basketball - Varsity - Game TBA - TBD
► Extracurricular - Debate Novice - Game - Neutral (Alpharetta HS (GA))
► Extracurricular - Debate Varsity - Game - Neutral (Alpharetta HS (GA))
10a ► MBA/HH 7th-8th grade Service Mixer (Massey Commons)
10a ► Wrestling - Varsity - Game Baylor School, McCallie School - Away (McCallie School)
Sunday Jan 20, 2019
1p ► ACT Test Prep (Massey Commons)