MBA is pleased to offer Wilson Scholarships to deserving high school students (rising 9th – 12th grades) for this coming summer. Those students who excel in IPS, Earth Science, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics and with an interest in pursuing Science, Technology, or Engineering disciplines in college are eligible for these scholarship grants. The purpose of these summer program grants is to reward excellence and to offer students the opportunity to strengthen their interest and expertise in Science and Engineering.
THE DEADLINE FOR THIS YEAR IS
Monday, January 10, 2022
Note - Application is now closed.
The Wilson Science and Engineering Grant recipients are chosen from applicants from the current 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grades. These students will apply to an approved Science or Engineering course or program and have been selected by the Science Department based on having:
- an established track record of excellence in the Science classes taken at MBA,
- demonstrated a keen interest in pursuing Science or Engineering in college,
- proven to be of exemplary character, and having an established record of representing the school well, both on and off-campus, and
- a completed application for the course or program once approved for the scholarship by the Science Department
*You must be logged into your MBA email account in order to access the application.
These students will then be expected to:
- compose a report of their experience prepared in the standard scientific format for the discipline they studied, and
- act as ambassadors and resources for the next group of student Grantees.
The Wilson Grant will cover the cost of tuition (full or partial) for the course or program. Additional room and board fees (in part or full) will also be considered. The award might also include a stipend for travel to and from programs out of the area. Transportation to and from the program will be the responsibility of the participant.
Students should be aware that some programs may incur additional costs or require additional fees. Any miscellaneous costs beyond the approved program costs will not be covered.
Students are expected to research their program of interest before completing the application process. This includes identifying all direct participation costs, pertinent travel costs, application deadlines, and attendance dates as indicated on the application.
PLEASE NOTE, this is not an exclusive list. We want to encourage students to find a program that would be of interest to them. There are many quality summer programs across the country and abroad that could be approved. If a student does find a program that he is interested in, please talk to Mr. Barclay, Dr. Creamer, or Dr. Dickens before starting the application process.