We are pleased to offer Wilson Scholarships to deserving high school students (rising 8th – 12th grades) for this coming summer. Those students who excel in Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, and Statistics and with an interest in pursuing Mathematical disciplines in college are eligible for these scholarship grants. The purpose of these summer program grants is to reward excellence and to offer students the opportunity to strengthen their interest and expertise in Mathematics.
DEADLINE is TBA
Please see the application form to the right.
Download, complete, and submit it to Matt Golenor
The Wilson Mathematics Grant recipients are chosen from applicants from the current 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grades. These students will apply to an approved Mathematics course or program and have been selected by the Mathematics Department based on having:
- An established track record of excellence in the Mathematics classes taken at MBA.
- Demonstrated a keen interest in pursuing Mathematics in college.
- Proven to be of exemplary character, and having an established record of representing the school well, both on and off campus.
- A completed application for the course or program once approved for the scholarship by the Mathematics Department.
The students will be expected to:
- Compose a report of their experience prepared in the standard mathematical format for the discipline they studied.
- Choose a related topic to research for entry into the DuPont Science Essay contest.
- Act as ambassadors and resources for the next group of student Grantees.
The Wilson Grant will cover the tuition cost (full or partial) for the course or program. Additional room and board and travel fees (in part or full) will also be considered.
Students should be aware that some programs may incur additional costs or require additional fees. Any miscellaneous costs beyond the approved program costs will be covered.
Students are expected to research their program of interest before completing the application process. This includes identifying all direct participation costs, pertinent travel costs, application deadlines, and attendance dates as indicated on the application. The following programs have been approved by the Mathematics Department for the Wilson Mathematics Grant program for previous years. Other potential programs not listed here will be considered for approval if a student finds one of particular interest.
Programs that were approved for Wilson Mathematics Summer Grants for 2012 - 2014: