Purpose: Fathers Club Connections is the community service and relationship building part of the Fathers Club at MBA and was established in the Fall of 2010.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Father's Club Connection is to broaden the Father's club by providing opportunities to fathers and their sons to enhance their relationships with each other, Montgomery Bell Academy, and their communities.
“Connections” came from the idea that MBA has the opportunity to strengthen the father and son relationship through education, community service and networking opportunities. On an ongoing basis, The Fathers Club Connections will have periodic breakfast meetings that are topic driven (some of these meetings will be with and without our sons), will sponsor fathers-only networking and social gatherings, and will offer opportunities to do community service alongside our sons.
- Head of Fathers Club Connections - Ray Hayles (Father of Rhett Hayles)
- 7th Grade Fathers Representative- Jackson Moore (Father of Jake Moore)
- 8th Grade Fathers Representative- Matt Daniel (Father of Payne Daniel)
- 9th Grade Fathers Representative- Justin Davis (Father of Parker Davis)
- 10th Grade Fathers Representative- Bo Bartholomew (Father of Sam Bartholomew)
- 11th Grade Fathers Representative- Billy Barnes (Father of Robby Barnes)
- 12th Grade Fathers Representative- David Brown (Father of Jonathan Brown)
2018-2019 Activities presently planned at this time include
Breakfast with Jim Wellborn
At this event, Jim will talk about the temptations that many of our sons will face in their current environment and how we, as fathers, can encourage them. The main theme of this event is to introduce a letter writing initiative in which Jim will guide fathers how to “charge” and encourage their son’s through a written letter.
This event occurs one Saturday every fall where fathers and sons get together to plant trees in an underprivileged area of Nashville. It is about a 2 hour commitment. Date to be announced.
Last Minute Toy Store
This event occurs in December and is an opportunity for MBA fathers and sons to serve together to hand out toys to parents of underprivileged children at a location (church) in West Nashville. It is about a 3 hour commitment. Date to be announced.
Father Son Campout
This event occurs in the late spring each year at the MBA Long Mountain property. It is an overnight campout filled with activities. Date to be announced.